Okay, so no bears, but dragons and beasts. This week we get a crash course in Satan, the Antichrist and false prophets. We want to be ready when God comes back! This week is convicting – is Jesus really real to us in our daily lives?
Monday, November 2 – Revelation 11:1-14
- The measuring of the temple is an Old Testament reference to Ezekial’s vision.
- The witnesses were very modest. But God used them to attest to that His word was truth.
- Measuring a church is a very practical task – in this context it symbolizes that we can execute tasks and the work of the church, but God is still ultimately in control. What is something God wants you to release control to His control?
- Just like these witnesses rising up from death, the revival of God is coming and will scare people who aren’t familiar with Jesus. Let’s know our Bible and worship God so we are ready!
Tuesday, November 3 – Revelation 11:15-19
- This is a joyous proclamation that the Lord is coming back to restore justice.
- There is always grace for our sins, but God rewards the faithful and punishes the faithless. One way we can atone for our sins is to ask for forgiveness. Can you think of a specific instance you want to ask for forgiveness for?
Wednesday, November 4 – Revelation 12:1-17
- The dragon in this story represents Satan and the woman represents the church.
- The enemy(the dragon) is relentless is his attempts to take us down. He goes after this woman several times in different ways. Can you think of a way the enemy might go after you? Maybe it’s a specific temptation to do the wrong thing.
Thursday, November 5 – Revelation 13:1-10
- Most of John’s visions take place in heaven, but this one starts out on the sea aka on earth.
- This beast is different from the dragon. We know that all things chaotic come out of the sea.
- This beast is supported and empowered by Satan(or the dragon).
- The beast represents the Antichrist. We often think of the antichrist as the opposite of Christ, but really it is something INSTEAD OF Christ. It will look charming or attractive or like Jesus but it won’t actually be JESUS! What are some good things that steer you away from Jesus?
Friday, November 6 – Revelation 13:11-14:5
- This second beast is like the first beast but it comes up out of the earth.
- The second beast is best understood as a false prophet.
- The followers of the beast or Satan have a mark on them, but chapter 14 verse 1 says we have God’s name written on our forehead. How would you live your life differently if you had “God’s Child” on your forehead? I know I would be a lot quicker to show kindness to people!