Today is Wednesday, VBS begins in 5 days, which means Denisa and I haven’t slept in at last 2-3 weeks. It also means an inordinate amount of animal crackers will be consumed next week. It also means that I will, as I do every year, confirm that I am physically incapable of learning and performing choreography.
But, it also means that next week over 300 children will hear about how good our God is no matter what our circumstances look like. This is why we do it. This is what makes it all worth it.
Will you join me in praying for VBS by praying these specific things:
- For adults to have energy and to love the kids as Jesus does
- For kids to feel loved and known
- For our Project Transformation kids specifically to feel welcome and part of the group
- For all of us to hear and believe that God is good no matter what we’re facing
- For Psalm 27:13, our theme verse, to be true for all of us
- For safety
And if you want to go above and beyond, feel free to email me – we still need people to bring snacks for our volunteers. Chasing groups of children definitely induces hunger!